Oregon Writers Day Submissions Deadlines
Deadline for Poetry and Fiction: Friday, July 13, 2018
- Up to five submissions accepted
- Must be no more than two pages
- Fiction–Short Stories
- Must not exceed 2,000 words (over three pieces)
- Up to three submissions accepted
**All works submitted must be original by the author, and not previously published elsewhere.
Judging of Pieces
All submissions will be judged as blind entries – the names of the authors will be kept confidential until the preferred pieces are selected. Students will be notified by mail when the final decision has been made. All judging decisions are final.
- Students may submit to both categories.
- Written pieces are limited to 2000 words and poetry to no more than two pages each.
- All submissions must be in 12 point Times New Roman font. Layout of works is left to the author.
- Contact details must be on each submission’s title page only. Do not include any identifying information on your submission or it will not be accepted.
- Title of work needs to be listed on every page of the manuscript, with page numbers if necessary.
- Each piece must be entered individually as an electronic copy and must be submitted as a Word file to Amy Pollicino at email@example.com or dropped off at the Coos History Museum at 1210 N Front St in Coos Bay.
- Work must be submitted by Friday, July 13, 2018.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE ENTERED THIS WAY.
Submissions not following these guidelines are subject to rejection.
Actual time of this event will be announced at a later date.
All events subject to change.