To view the event page, click here.
Deadline for Adult Poetry and Fiction: Monday, July 15th 2019 (by 5pm)
Deadline for Student submissions: Friday, September 20th 2019 (by 5pm)
Students and Non-students Welcome
- Up to five submissions accepted
- Must be no more than two pages
- Fiction–Short Stories
- Must not exceed 2,000 words (each)
- Up to three submissions accepted
**All works submitted must be original by the author, and not previously published elsewhere. The museum will not share or use works beyond posting the winning submissions on our web site.
Judging of Pieces
All submissions will be judged as blind entries – the names of the authors will be kept confidential until the preferred pieces are selected. Students will be notified by email when the final decision has been made. All judging decisions are final.
*Participants will only be able to place once in each category (Poetry and Fiction). If scoring of multiple pieces rank to place, the highest-level prize for that participant will be awarded.
- You may submit to both categories.
- Written pieces are limited to 2,000 words and poetry to no more than two pages each.
- All submissions must be in 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Each piece must be entered individually through the submissions to: Education@cooshistory.org. (hard copies can be submitted if you do not use email)
- Contact details must be on each submission’s title page only. Do not include any identifying information on your submission or it will not be accepted.
- Title of work needs to be listed on every page of the manuscript, with page numbers if necessary.
- An electronic copy must be submitted as a Word or PDF file to Joni Eades at email@example.com. Please note if you are a student or non-student writer.
- Student works must be submitted by Friday, September 20th 2019.
- Adult works were due by Monday, July 15th.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE ENTERED THIS WAY.
Submissions not following these guidelines are subject to rejection.