The Coos History Museum paired with North Bend High School for the week of July 12th for a history summer camp. Each day the students learned something new about what we do at the museum, as well as went on a field trip to various parts of the county to learn and explore. The camp was funding from a North Bend School District summer school grant and was free to the students.
- Students will learn about the basic concepts and skills related to operating a local history museum through learning activities each day, during the first half of the day.
- Students will participate in local field trips to learn about significant places and events in Coos County History, during the second half of the day.
- Students will create a project using information and skills they have learned during the week, and will earn one NBHS social studies elective credit.
- Using primary and secondary sources, education and museum learning theories, and museum-related skills, knowledge, and resources, students will create a project to be presented to their classmates and family members on Friday from 12:30-3:30 PM.
- Project options will include:
- Tour: Students can create a tour that highlight’s Coos County’s geography, history, and sense of place.
- Exhibit: Students can create a themed exhibit based on Coos County’s history and/or communities
- Program: Students can create an educational program for a specific audience, topic, and medium