volunteer at the museum...
Behind the scenes at the museum is a beehive of activity. Volunteers energize every aspect of operations, in many different capacities. Volunteers may opt for short-term, limited-duration assignments, or long-term, regular weekly schedules. Download the volunteer application or pick one up the next time you visit your Coos History Museum.
Examples of volunteer opportunities include the following:
Front desk / Museum Store:
- Greet visitors
- Field calls
- Ring up sales in gift shop
- Help staff with small projects
Education / School Programs:
- Program delivery assistants
- Tour guides
Rentals / Special Events:
- Room setup/clean up (must be able to lift up to 40 lbs)
- Staffing for Second Sundays and First Tuesday Talks
- Data entry / filing
- Scanning photographic images (training provided periodically);
- Writing detailed “search” descriptions of images and objects;
- Entering information into computer catalogue database.
For more information on volunteering at the museum, call us at 541-756-6320 or email our Volunteer Coordinator.